Monday, January 21, 2013

Running

Anthony and I went for our first run since the stomach flu incident and it felt sooo good.

I just realized, I'm not sure if I mentioned our joint stomach flu on here yet. A bunch of the kids here had a weird stomach thing and we caught it. We spent the rest of the day/night/next day moaning and sharing a puke bucket. It was very romantic.

But anyway, every time we go for a run here Anthony comes back with a funny/sweet story. (He is way faster than me so we don't run together. Well, we start out together but after 30 seconds he's long gone.) Like one time he stopped in someone's drive way before turning around and this lady invited him into her house. And this other time all these little kids started running with him. Like something out of a movie, seriously. Then today a group of little boys started yelling out "I love you!" And he said it back and then before he knew it everyone was yelling out "I love you!" to each other and laughing.

In contrast, almost every run I am chased down by barking and growling dogs. Last week I was running from them and screaming "help" at the top of my lungs (as if anyone could understand me... what a dope!) when a little old grandma stopped her bike, not to help me, but to laugh at me. Once I stepped in a mud puddle/cow poop pile. And whenever little boys yell at me, it's with really obscene remarks. Today someone yelled out "bao nhiêu" which translates to "how much?" Like I was a prostitute. Do you get it?

Other than the rabid dogs and perverts, running around our village is really fun! All the kids shout out hello and shop owners stop what they are doing to wave at you. And the view is amazing. Farm land, rivers, trees, piggies, other things to look at.

[i was actually going to write more and throw in pictures but never mind, i have to go do some other stuff so bye bye]

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment